Pro-Line Racing Products used in this video
– Pro-Spec Shocks Rear – http://www.prolineracing.com/performa…
– Pro-Spec Shocks Front – http://www.prolineracing.com/performa…
– 2.8″ Super Swamper Tires – http://www.prolineracing.com/super-sw…
– PRO-MT Monster Truck Kit Version – http://www.prolineracing.com/pro-mt-1…
Here is a cool little way to making your own bump stops for you shocks! This trick has been out since the dawn of RC trucks…Haha. However I thought it would be a great idea to show the newcomers of this hobby how to make their own, extremely cheap.
So how do you make your own Bump stops you ask? Simple, head down to your local hobby store and pick up a few inches of Nitro fuel line. The cool part about this stuff is it comes in a variety of different colors. Next disassemble your shock so that the spring, bottom retainer, and your eyelet. has been removed leaving just the shaft of the shock exposed. Spray a little WD-40 or some sort of lubricant on the shaft. This will help make the tubing slide up the shaft a little easier. The next step is too cut the desired length of the tubing that you want to use for your bump stops. You can have them any length you desire. After you made your cuts on the tubing, go a head and slide the tubing up the shaft about halfway. Then reassemble your shock absorber and that it!
The benefits of having a bump stop on your shocks are as follows.
– Less likely to bottom out over jumps
– Less damage to the shock components over time.
– Limits how far the wheel travels towards the body preventing rubbing.
If you have any questions or comments about what you saw in the video. feel free to let me know in the comments below! Don’t forget to subscribe for more awesome videos like this one!
-RADIO CONTROL NETWORK (MCN)-
*Come join the only Radio Controlled Multi Channel Network on YouTube! http://bit.ly/1PY9J5q
-RC OVERLOAD SOCIAL MEDIA-
*Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RCoverload1
*Twitter – http://twitter.com/@rcoverload
*Instagram – http://instagram.com/_rcoverload_
*Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/matthewwate…